Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lubitel 166+ part II 'Thanksgiving Special'

  I really love this camera, the LUBITEL 166.  The photos never really turn out "great".. but the color, unique character and unintentional beauty is incredible.  Sometimes the concept I am going for is accomplished... mostly missed by a longshot; however, I find it is much better when I just account for light and click away.  The natural blurriness and vignetting this camera produces in addition to the high contrast and invigorating colors of Kodak EKTAR 100 are a never miss duo, making accidental art and beauty in every shot.
  It takes me so long to fill a roll on this camera that I almost always forget what is on it- resulting in the best gift a photographer can ever get in my opinion: the excitement and anticipation in waiting for film to be processed...that is to say if I am not getting a box back in the mail full of blank rolls or improper exposures. (wasted 5 rolls over the summer this way, a rookie mistake!)
  Here are a couple shots from last Holiday Season that really inspire me.  Let me know what you think, feedback is always welcome.  Additionally, original prints make great Holiday gifts, check out my webpage for more information.  Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!

Brad Holland, Cooking filets in the Charlotte mini-blizzard of 2010.

The Savory bright red pony of friend Jennifer Corson.  Her reflexive
fear for the camera lens created a pretty cool shot, kudos JennyP :)

Home has never been better illustrated to me than this photo.  The Miss
Meredith, a Swansboro icon, always indicative of homeward adventures. 


Patiently enduring my "awkward camera dance" in attempts for light and
angles, brother Brian taps away on his iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment